HISTORY OF INNOVATIONS
In 1950, Paul Berthomé – father of Laboratoires Expanscience’s current CEO – joined forces with the pharmacist Claude Guillon to create the first cleansing milk for babies to be sold exclusively in pharmacies. He called it Mustela® – the Latin word for “stoat” – the small animal whose coat goes completely white in winter. A reference to the gentleness and purity at the very heart of the product’s formula. When the first cleansing milk was developed, there was nothing quite like it on the market, and its instantly recognizable fragrance, it quickly became very popular among mothers. The Mustela® revolution was under way – and it continues to this day.
We believe in our responsibility as a company
Mustela®is a brand owned by Laboratoires Expanscience, an independent French pharmaceutical and demo-cosmetics laboratory which generated revenues of €272.3 million in 2015 – 51.3% through international sales – and which employs 977 people throughout the world.
- A CUTTING-EDGE R&D CENTER
- EXPERTISE IN PLANT-BASED ACTIVE INGREDIENTS FOR COSMETICS
- UNIQUE DERMATOLOGICAL EXPERTISE
- INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC RECOGNITION*
Mustela® looks to the plant world to source the main active ingredients that make up its products. Using their expertise in plant extraction, researchers have carefully selected the avocado from among dozens of other possible plants.
- BIOMIMETIC INGREDIENT
- TARGETED ACTION ON THE CUTANEOUS BARRIER AND THE SKIN’S CELL RESERVES
- UNIQUE AND PATENTED EXTRACTION PROCESSES
- AN ACTIVE INGREDIENT SOURCED FROM A RESPONSIBLE SUPPLY CHAIN
For more than 10 years, Mustela® has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility policy into its brand strategy. This strategy has been shaped by two major commitments:
- Sustainable development, implementing initiatives to limit the social and environmental impact that our business has – starting from the sourcing of our raw materials throughout the products’ entire life cycle.
- Support for new and expecting parents, providing them with a range of services and expert advice, to address their needs for information and support.
All Mustela® products are developed from the very latest dermatological research breakthroughs and are sustainably designed. They meet a selection of extensive requirements in terms of quality, efficacy, safety and pleasure of use and have been tested under dermatological and pediatric control.
- NORMAL SKIN
A complete range for cleansing, bathing and looking after baby and child’s hygiene, designed to protect the fragile and delicate skin of newborns, babies and children. These products protect the cutaneous barrier and preserve the skin’s wealth of cells starting at birth¹, thanks to Avocado Perseose®. Hypoallergenic products² which combine efficacy and tolerance with all the pleasure of a unique fragrance.
- DRY SKIN
A range of specially formulated products for nourishing dry skin in babies and infants right from birth¹, leaving it feeling soft and comfortable again.
- ATOPIC-PRONE SKIN
Atopic dermatitis, or atopic eczema, is a skin problem that affects 1 in 5 children³, and presents as extreme skin dryness and eczema flare-ups. It can appear from the age of 2 months, and subsides until disappearing usually with age. Mustela® offers a new generation of Stelatopia® skin care products: a range specifically designed to soothe and replenish atopic-prone skin in babies and children. It is clinically proven and has a high tolerability from birth on¹.
- IRRITATED SKIN CONCERNS
Stelatria® recovery cream has been specially formulated to favor skin repair and soothe skin irritations of your baby: insect bites, chickenpox scars, sores, chapping.
- DIAPER CARE
Vitamin Barrier Cream 1>2>3, a daily diaper care with a triple efficacy to prevent irritations and redness of the diaper area, soothe from the first application and recover continually.
High-tolerance skin care specifically formulated to protect babies’ and children’s skin that is particularly vulnerable to sunlight. An exclusive organo-mineral photo-protective system that combines high-protection SPF 50+ UVA UVB filters and a patented natural active ingredient – Avocado Perseose® – which guarantees cellular protection and which has been clinically proven.
- Clinically-proven efficacy under dermatological control.
- Guaranteed safety both for mother and baby: hypoallergenic(2) formulas that are compatible with breastfeeding.
- All the pleasure of textures that have been specially formulated and a light fragrance to create a unique sensory experience.
(1) Including newborns out of the NICU. (2) Formulated to minimize the risk of allergic reactions. (3) Watson 2011, Isaac 1998.